If you like the middle - eastern cousines, you may love this delicious, and easy to prepare falafel recipe! Of course, i used my sous vide machine to made it!
- According to the original arab recipe, the falafel should be made from chickpeas
- It's come from the midle-eastern region
- It is a real vegetarian food
- Our recipe contains eggs, but if you would like to ignore, replace egg with soaked, and minced linseed!
- Cook chickpeas same temperature with other ingredients (of course, separated bag!).
- Cooked can be stored in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
Ingredients for 4 persones
- 400 g dried chickpeas
- 1 large onion
- 4 garlic
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 egg (1 tbs soaked and minced linseed )
- 1 tbs roman cumin
- 1 tbs parika
- 2 ts coriander
- 1 ts clove
- 1 ts pepper
- pinch of pepper
- 1 tbs kosher salt
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Set the sous vide machine to 84 °C (~183 F).
- One day before you want to preparae, pour the chickpeas into larger container, and add 1000 ml water.
- In the preparation day rinse the chickpeas, put it into heat-resist jar, ot silicone bag, pour 1000 ml water into chickpeas, ½ tablespoon kosher salt, close the jar / bag.
- Place the jar / bag into sous vide bath for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, fry the cumin seeds, coriander, peppercorns and cloves dry (without oil) 3 to 4 minutes.
- Grind into powder the fried spices with mortar or spice grinder .
- When the chickpeas are cooked, pour off the water, then put into a grinder with onions-, garlic-, parsle-, paprika-, ground spices-, and with the remaining salt.
- Add the egg, or 1 tablespoon soaked and milled linseed.
- Grind until its texture will be homogene.
- Allow 10-15 minutes to rest.
- Pack to foil and place in the refrigerator for 1 to 1.5 hours.
- Before use, rend about 1.5 tablespoons pieces from the mixture, and format a small balls with wet hand.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan to 190 °C (375 F).
- Before placing the falafel balls into the hot oil, press the center and then place it in the oil.
- Bake until golden brown on both sides .
- Serve with fresh vegetables and pita bread, yogurt, and hot pepper sauce (harissa).